Treatment in Pune
What is skin brightening treatment?
What are the causes of hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is the term for the spots or patches of skin that appear darker than the surrounding areas. The causes of hyperpigmentation include:
- Excess production of melanin: Melanin is a pigment that gives skin its color. The excess melanin makes the skin appear dark.
- Skin inflammation: An injury to the skin, eczema, acne, or other inflammations also cause hyperpigmentation.
- Reactions to drug use: Certain medications such as tricyclic antidepressants and antimalarial drugs can cause dark patches on the skin, which may turn grey later in some cases.
- Medical conditions: Diseases such as Addison’s disease, which effect the adrenal gland health, can cause hyperpigmentation in folds of skin and other parts of the body.
Sun exposure: Sunburn or tan is encountered by fair-skinned people due to prolonged exposure to the Sun.
What are the various treatment options for skin brightening?
There are various treatment options available that can be used for skin brightening. Each treatment can be used for a different purpose. Some of them include:
Chemical peel Peeling is the most preferred skin whitening treatment. This method involves the use of fruit acids and other peeling agents. After studying the skin type, the dermatologist selects suitable chemical peels such as glycolic acid peel, lactic acid peel, beta-hydroxy peel that help in brightening your skin in less than an hour.
Laser treatment Laser skin whitening or brightening is an advanced technique that involves using a concentrated high-energy light beam to stimulate new skin growth by minimizing the melanin build-up in the target area. It requires less time and is safe for making your skin look fresh and young.
Microdermabrasion (MDA) It is a simple, non-chemical procedure that involves microcrystals to treat scars and depigment the skin. In addition, this non-invasive technique encourages the production of new underlying skin cells with a higher quantum of collagen.
Skin lightening and whitening products Such products involve the applications of chemicals such as hydroquinone and azelaic acid to rejuvenate your skin. Whitening creams and lotions made from plant extracts such as Retinol and Glycolic A have a bleaching effect.
Anti pigmentation treatments These treatments use an extract of the Bearberry plant known as Arbutin for skin whitening and depigmenting. Arbutin can also regulate melanogenesis, treating sunburn marks, liver spots, and freckles.
What are the advantages of skin whitening treatment?
The various benefits of skin whitening include:
- Reduced acne scars
- Minimized melanin content
- Faded spots or pigmentation
- Reduced sun damage and freckles
- Toned and glowing skin
- Improved quality of life
What is the cost of skin whitening treatment in Pune?
The average cost of skin whitening treatment in Pune ranges from Rs. 2000 to Rs.10000. The price varies from individual to individual depending on the factors such as:
- Type of treatment
- Individual skin type
- Size of the target area
- Quantum of distortions in cells
- Types of equipment used
- Modalities selected
- Number of sessions required
- The expertise of the dermatologists and therapists
- Geographical Location of the clinic